Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Paris Wrapup

We closed Paris out nicely with a trip to Versailles, the Eiffel Tower, and some good French company. The whole city was just so overwhelmingly charming, and much more fun than I expected. I suppose part of this can be attributed to the fact that we were staying with a Parisian family, and they were able to point us in the direction of all the best stuff... sights, food, pastries, etc. One night we went to the Sienne River for a picnic with our host family at a very un-touristy spot and were able to hang out with actual French people (almost everyone we´ve made friends with so far have been other travelers).

We also learned from our French family that frog´s legs are nasty, that most people havent tried escargot, and that patè (goose liver) is actually not that bad (yes, I tried it). I´m trying to branch out in my acceptance of food and tasted a little bite of a special French sausage/jerky that they love over there. I didn´t really enjoy it, but at least I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment