It really is. It was also hot and sweaty, under a lot of construction, smelled a lot like carbon emissions, and police walked around everywhere with machine guns. However, the Acropolis was way cooler than in the pictures we saw in Architectural history classes. The main temple was covered in scaffolding, although we've gotten used to this... At least one major building in every city we've been to has been under construction. It makes me wonder why they do that during tourist season. We take pictures anyway.
I'm in the middle of reading a book about Helen of Troy, so being in Greece was pretty fun for that reason. Other than that, it was actually a bit of a letdown simply because I was so eager to go there. It was the opposite of Paris, where I thought I wasn't going to like it but ended up loving it. The food was good, though, and we ate gyros for just about every meal, including breakfast. Baklava is better here, and I've become inspired to start eating yogurt with honey and nuts (yes, mom, I finally tried it).
I'm trying to catch up on posts, as we are traveling to Budapest today which means that I still have to do Santorini and Vienna, both of which I have a lot to talk about. With some luck, the Budapest hostel will have free internet and I can update there! Sorry for the lateness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment