Whenever I meet someone on this trip and get to talking about our travels, they inevitably ask me why I am traveling. The typical response is, "Well, I'm not taking any classes or anything over here, but I'm getting school credit for it". People are usually surprised and jealous, and I can't blame them. Nothing that I'm doing over here really seems like work. On that note, however, when I got to Rome I was surprised and very proud of myself for everything that I remember from my painfully boring architectural history classes. I found myself rattling off information about all the different ruins, and even remembered some dates of things. As it turns out, memorizing 700 buildings on flashcards does actually have its uses. But only really if you go to Rome.
The ruins here were incredible, although by the end of it I was pretty prepared to see some complete buildings, and maybe some grass. Rome is hot hot hot and sweaty, and not a lot grows there. The Italian food was the best I've ever eaten in my life, and I was sad to leave the pasta and gelato for Athens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment