Interlaken, Switzerland is, hands down and no question about it, my favorite trip so far. It's nestled, as the name suggests, in between two lakes in the Swiss Alps and everything about it was absolutely amazing. It looked, felt, tasted, smelled, and sounded better than any of the other places we've visited. For the most part we took in our environment, but the highlight of the stop was when we went Canyoning. Rumor has it this is not allowed in the States, and it involves jumping off of waterfalls, rappelling down cliffsides, and sliding down fast canyon river currents. I cannot even relate to you how scary it was! Before even going up to the water, Justine had to separate Megan and I so we wouldnt scare each other worse than we already were. Our highest jump was about 24 ft off the top of a rock above a waterfall, and our guides had us jump into a specific spot where we wouldnt be killed by too-shallow water. Needless to say, it was the most thrilling and scariest thing Ive ever done, but I am so glad I did it.
(I bought a package of photos from the adventure and will upload them here the next time a hostel has a place to stick a cd)
Later that day we trekked up to Harder Klum, a mountain top 4337 ft above sea level. And, to prove to you that it is a small world after all, halfway up I ran into someone who graduated high school at St. Francis with Sean. Strange, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So...you won't ride roller coasters but you'll jump off cliffs. >.> I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE!
ReplyDelete